1502 North Hill Dr.
Swift Current, SK S9H 1Y2
I absolutely believe in the importance of music study to enhance brain development and cognition, for relaxation and healing, and to broaden our larger social and cultural experience. Music lessons are a wonderful gift to give to your child, and you will cherish the time you spend watching them discover and delight in the musical world!!
I have formal pedagogical training in piano instruction and I am a Certified Teacher with the Royal Conservatory of Music. I believe music lessons are more than teaching your child to play music... it is about teaching your child to play musically!!
Additionally, I feel it is important, as a music professional, to volunteer and contribute to the larger music community. This allows me to connect and grow with other professionals in our community and to help guide our young musicians in whatever their musical path may be.
Click for more information about my Professional Associations and Qualifications.
· Elementary Piano Pedagogy diploma with the Royal Conservatory of Music (RCM)
· Certified RCM Elementary Piano Specialist
· 2013 Saskatchewan RCM Gold medal for Elementary Piano Pedagogy
· Bachelor of Commerce (Hons.) degree from Queen’s University, and have completed post-secondary studies in child psychology, environmental law, and Japanese.
· Music for Young Children (MYC) teacher (Level 3)
· Member Sask Registered Music Teachers Assoc (Affiliate)
· Publicity Officer for the RMT of Swift Current
· member of ORFF Canada
· the RCM Centre Representative for the Sask. SW area
· Sask Orchestral Association provincial board member
· played clarinet and studied voice in secondary school
· engaged in continuing studies in advanced theory programs (Music History, Harmony), as well as continuing professional development studies in Piano
I operate a large studio in Swift Current, offering a variety of classes from ages 12 months to adult. Please visit my personal website at www.mycswiftcurrent.com for lots of info on my studio. Click on the class to find more information, and to download registration forms.
First Music Steps (ages 12 months/walking - 3 years) - Singing, dancing, movement and music, and rhythm instrument fun. This is a parent&child class, offered in 3 Blocks (Fall, Winter, Spring)
Sunrise (ages 3.5 - 4) - Fun and interactive introduction to music concepts through song, movement, and creative play. Beautiful materials package included. This is a parent&child class, starting in September until May (30 classes).
MYC Sunshine One (ages 4.5-5) - Awesome program to introduce young learners to the piano. Extensive materials included. This is a parent&child class, starting in September until June (34 classes plus 2 recitals).
Private piano lessons (ages 6 to adult) - Individualized learning program for your child. Lessons are offered after-school times and daytime afternoons. Please contact me for details and to arrange interview.
I have a professional studio with a Yamaha Grand piano as my primary teaching piano, and digital pianos to round out my MYC studio. I have many supplemental material, rhythm instruments, music theory games and software to keep learning fun and interesting!
- About Us
- Dorothy Bee
- Florence Bowes - Performance
- Florence Bowes - Composition
- Lyell Gustin
- Jean McCullough Memorial Junior Piano Competition >
- SRMTA Community Music Award
- SRMTA/CFMTA Piano Competition
- SRMTA/MRMTA Voice Competition
- SRMTA/CFMTA Student Composer Competition >
- SRMTA Summer Music Camp Award
- Gordon C Wallis
- Young Artist Competition
- Convention 2022
- Find A Teacher
- Advertising Rates
- Vol. 68 2021 - 2022 >
- Vol. 67 2020 - 2021 >
- Vol. 66 2019 - 2020 >
- Vol. 65 2018 - 2019 >
- Vol. 6 4 2017 - 2018 >
- Vol. 63 2016 - 2017 >
- Vol. 62 - 2015 - 2016 >
- Vol. 61 - 2014 - 2015 >
- Vol. 60 - 2013 - 2014 >
- Vol. 59 - 2012 - 2013 >
- Vol. 58 - 2011 - 2012 >
- Vol. 57 - 2010 - 2011 >
- Vol. 56 - 2009 - 2010 >
- Members Only